Pre-GFP PIC Design Workshop: Tuesday, 28 August 2018, 12:00 pm – 6:00 pm
Lunch: 12:00 pm-1:00 pm
In advance of GFP 2018, a half-day workshop will be held on electro-photonic design automation (EPDA) for photonic integrated circuits (PICs). The workshop is aimed at application and R&D engineers as well as managers interested in understanding the development of PICs and the role of software automation in their design, simulation, and fabrication.
Synopsys will provide an overview of their software tools and their role in integrated photonics design and manufacturing. The workshop will present Synopsys’s top-down flow and photonic tool chain including OptSim Circuit for PIC schematic entry and simulation, PhoeniX Software OptoDesigner for PIC layout and mask generation, and the RSoft Photonic Component Design Suite for device design and custom PDK development. The workshop will feature live demonstrations of the Synopsys tools.
Following is the agenda of the workshop:
- Overview of tools and schematic-driven design flow
- Synopsys tool chain: OptSim Circuit, PhoeniX Software OptoDesigner, RSoft Photonic Component Design Suite, Sentaurus TCAD
- Training and live demonstration:
- OptSim circuit for schematic-driven PIC design
- PhoeniX Software OptoDesigner for mask layout and verification
- Custom PDK component development using RSoft Photonic Component Design Suite
- Opto-electronic component design using Sentaurus TCAD and RSoft Component Design Suite
The workshop will be held at the conference site and is open to all conference attendees free of charge. Complimentary lunch and refreshments will be provided by Synopsys.